Once you have made contact with us and you have found the home you are looking for, Liguria Homes will assist you through every stage and it is simpler than you think...
- LiguriaHomes will assist you in establishing your National Insurance Number ("Codice Fiscale") that is required to complete on a property purchase. This is also required to obtain a mortgage, to open a bank account and to become Italian resident.
- In order to ensure that everything is clear and that you understand all the terms and conditions of the purchase process, our staff are able to talk to you in English or French or German and all important documents will be translated into English. At the time of choosing the Notary, we always suggest to appoint an english speaking Notary. The role of the Notary is very important and it is paid for by the Buyer: the Notary, who is a public official under Italian law, his duty is to verify the identity of all parties and ensure that the vendor is the legal owner of the property; check that the property is free of mortgages or any limiting factors; transfer the taxes to be paid to the relevant authorities and register the deed at the local land registry. That is the reason why in Italy no one use layers/solicitors in purchasing property.
- We will introduce you to local banks, to simply open an account or to help you to obtain mortgages or loans.
- We are able to negotiate for our clients with local building companies, recommended by ourselves. We are happy to be involved in projects on any scale from large to small. We are also able to act as work managers; to supervise works and ensure their completion within a defined time scale. We undertake to forward progress reports to our clients as work progresses. We also have a team of painters, decorators, plumbers, electricians, gardeners, etc. who we organise to undertake work as required.
- We will help you in all the post-completion formalities, such as arrange for new contracts with the main utilities providers (power, water, gas, telephone, etc.); where the property is in a block of flats, to inform the condominium manager; keyholding and mail forwarding, cleaning, etc
- We can also provide you with details on local schools, including language schools.
Our aim is to achieve Happy Contented Clients, who will enjoy their time in Italy. LiguriaHomes staff work together as a family: our clients phone us only to ask what the weather is like here in the Riviera or to ask our advice about their "daily life" in Italy, such as choosing the most convenient supermarket, reserving a table at the right restaurant, etc...